Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm Back Part #!



Hey...


Soo...I'm just gonna start writing. Everytime I try to do this I get discouraged or caught up doing something else. Since I'm trying to work on doing one activity at a time, I'll give this a try. I'll break this up into parts...here's part 1




In short, I've been busy.




Since that low point I was having last month things picked up quite a bit. At the end of October, I was feeling pretty low. I had a couple of commercial auditions that I hoped for (especially one where I had to be a Postal Worker...um...my parents are retired Postal Workers that offered me some "method" advice and got me a uniform). I was called back but not cast. I learned quickly that the commercial business is extremely subjective and the bottom line is: "you never know what they are looking for." For instance, last week I had a commercial audition for Sears as an "Elf" (Y'all should've seen my outfit...it's was super cute if I must say so myself).

My agent called me the day before and emailed me the sides. In less than 24 hours I put together an "elf" outfit with some leggings, boots, green sweater and red knit shirt...ANNND...the best part was that I put my hair in two pigtails. I got to the audition, the damn director didn't even want the sides I practiced and afterward he gave everyone notes except for me...which can mean 1 of 2 things: 1) I was PERFECT...or 2) I was NOT what he was looking for. Needless to say, it meant the latter. Thus...I've learned that in the commercial audition game, it's most important to have a good audition experience and learn from it. I may get picked, I may not, but I have to stay out there.
R. Marie:)








No comments:

Post a Comment