Saturday, May 30, 2009

Preparation

I'm a huge procrastinator. I am 99% sure that I have adult ADD (for example, right now I'm gmail chatting with my girl, looking at her wedding website, and talking to my boyfriend while writing this blog, no lie). I'm always full of 50 thoughts and having 55 things to do at the same time. So...amidst my excited nervousness about starting school (and this new career change), I am a bit stressed at all of the things I need to do.
About a month ago the School Coordinator sent this email list of reading assignments! Reading assignments you say? Yes! I have approximately 12 books to read prior to the program(or by the first two weeks) and 3 monologues to be prepared to present. Dang, that's alot! I have read over half the books already (most of which are plays no more than 100 pgs).

On top of that, I need to audition, audition, audition for plays for next season. Most auditions for next season happen this month or next month (well, this month is kinda next month already) so I have about 4 auditions lined up.

AAAAAAAANND! This is my last week of work so I have lots of ppwk to do and cleanup stuff!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

But alas, this is all eustress (learned that from my girl's essay when she was in nursing school). Eustress is positive stress, because all of this work is for a positive outcome...so I embrace it.
As my momma would say " I wouldn't have it any other way:)

1 comment: