Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Inspired...

Wow...I'm so inspired...trying to figure out my next move: Allow me to gather my thoughts...kay.

1) I got called back for the commercial , I have one more audition...Yay! Send those prayers up folks! If I get it I shoot next week! I can't wait to shoot my first commercial...AAAAH!


2) Meeting with an agent on Thursday! Can't wait to see what work he will have in store for me


3) Was in the wedding of one of my best friends! YAAAAY!

















I had a few thoughts recently about my career and where I want to go. I say all of these nice quotes like "sky is the limit" and blah blah blah but do I really think that? Am I really trying to acheive what I said. I had two stalk moments for two of my fav actresses. These actresses are great...are they the greatest? No, that's another blog...but I relate to both of them and I'm pretty sure we will be competing for roles in two years (my goal). Do you know who they are?? Do you???

If you guessed correctly you win...NOTHING (y'all serious, I aint got no money):

Sanaa Lathan and........my gurl
TARAJI P!




Okay yeah...so I know there are many of my friends that have special affinities to certain stars...i.e. Beyonce! I love 'B' as well but not as deep as some of my friends. BUT...nobody better not say nothing bout my girls 'Na...and 'Ji. Seriously.
Now...I enjoy Sanaa because she always expresses her roles with honesty and humaness. The characters she develops are often real and relatable...you can tell she's Yale trained (like my auntie Angela...not my real auntie Angela but Angela Bassett.) I see us as a similar type (although she has a few years on me...quiet as kept) and appreciate her work all the time...she's so beautiful and confident and anyone can tell that she works hard on her craft.
Now...I was all about Sanaa since LOVE AND BASKETBALL but...I must say that through the years my girl Taraji has won me over. Despite the similiar roles some argue that she may have played in the early days...Taraji is a beast when working on her roles...she is ALWAYS consistent and she ALWAYS nails it! I am never dissapointed. From playing the hood ass girlfriend on "Baby Boy" to "T" (yall know "T") in Smokin Aces, to a preggers prostitute in "Hustle and Flow" (well it is hard out here for a pimp), to a Louisana woman who ages from 20s-70s in "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." I also feel that I can relate so much to Taraji as a person...she is me...if she can be from an urban area (she's from D.C., I'm from the Chi) and be nominated for an Oscar...dang-it...so can I. And she's so freakin real. Love her! Check her out on Ellen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1bvIUptr8A and then check her piece about success in acting:

No comments:

Post a Comment