Sunday, June 7, 2009

For real?


I am excitedly nervous about tomorrow, my first day of school. Today I had a moment where I realized that I am really about to start tomorrow. It is truly amazing to see something that you have worked hard for and wanted so bad for so long to actually happen! My school coordinator called me to remind me what time I needed to be there and what I needed to do. A few friends called and texted to wish me well ;). I began to cry while having lunch with the boyfriend at a restaurant amidst all of it. He said..."Ba-hold my hand, people are gonna think we are breakin' up," HA! That made me smile. But it was then when it actually hit me. I am so thankful that this is finally happening. This opportunity is not only what I want, but it is coming into my life at a time that is amazingly perfect. It's as if I didn't have a choice. This is what was meant to happen, and this is how it is meant to happen. Although I am afraid, I finally feel like I'm on the right path, or the path I am destined to travel. Oh! The feeling of joy is overwhelming!
I don't have to go to school until 10 tomorrow, but I'm hoping that I'll get at least 8 hours of sleep and not toss and turn. I feel like a kindergartner starting school for the first time. I can hardly get my words out to write this scattered blog but I felt like I had to release some of this energy some how. My words truly can't describe this feeling, so I'll share these two poems...I'm sure you know them, but they mean so much more to me today:

Our Deepest Fear
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,our presence automatically liberates others.- Marianne Williamson

1. The Road Not Taken
Robert Frost


TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;
5

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,
10

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.
15

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference

R.Marie

2 comments:

  1. So today's the big day!
    I will be sure to send some extra positive and calm (I'm assuming you're a little nervous)energy your way.

    Can't wait to read all about your first day.

    ~KELLI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just reading the blog.

    Those two poems are great and appropriate for our lives.

    I'll comment more as I go along.

    Joslyn

    ReplyDelete